A compilation of the most interesting cultural press releases from PR Newswire, including a mental health course for students and efforts to fight isolation among the elderly.
NEW YORK, May 12, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything at PR Newswire. To help cross-cultural journalists stay on top of the week’s most noteworthy and popular publications, here’s a recap of the week’s unmissable articles.
The list below includes a headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying media resources that are available for download.
- Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation and TimelyCare partner supporting students’ mental health
TimelyCare now offers “Be There Certificate”, a free online mental health course created by Jack.org in partnership with the Born This Way Foundation, available on its platform to support students across the country. Students can easily access free, self-directed learning that is designed to increase mental health literacy and provide people with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to safely support anyone who may be struggling with mental health.
- Companies drastically underestimate the number of disabled employees
People with Disabilities (PwDs) report lower levels of inclusion in the workplace compared to their able-bodied colleagues – and lower levels compared to other groups of workers that are often targeted by Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) efforts: women, LGBTQ communities and blacks, indigenous peoples and other people of color. These findings matter because a lower sense of integration is correlated with a higher degree of wasting.
- Meals on Wheels America and Home Instead, a partner in fighting social isolation among the elderly
According to several studies, the highest rates of social isolation are among the elderly, putting this population at risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, a weakened immune system, anxiety, depression, cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease and even death.
- The first-ever National Association of Black Brewers launched at the Craft Brewers Conference in Nashville
Craft breweries accounted for approx $29 billion in beer sales last year, which is nearly a quarter $120 billion U.S. brewing industry revenues However, of the country’s nearly 10,000 craft breweries, only about 1% are black. A group of like-minded black entrepreneurs are now determined to change this dynamic.
- Institute of Advanced Leadership i Carnegie Mellon University Announcement of the National Academy of Executive Leadership to develop black executive leaders
“The Executive Leadership Academy has been instrumental in addressing the important need to promote the diversity of Black leaders, and we are eager to continue to develop this critical work as part of the national agenda,” he says. Evan Frazierpresident and CEO of The Advanced Leadership Institute.
- New funds to support Houston disabled high school students
The program educates, mentors and helps students with disabilities gain the skills they need to complete high school before moving on to work or higher education.
- Harlem Fashion Row Partners with NIKE to Support Emerging Black and Hispanic Designers at 5th Annual Designers Meeting
The HFR Designers Retreat is one of many initiatives created by Harlem Fashion Row to empower emerging talent and underrepresented designers to access stakeholders and information to shape their careers in the industry. Title sponsor NIKE hosted a retreat at its New York headquarters, where 75 BIPOC designers from across the country gathered for the long-awaited event.
- 2023 ALPFA National Convention to Strengthen the Cultural, Community, and Career Development of Hispanic Students and Professionals to Support Authentic Leaders
The four-day event will provide attendees with professional and leadership development through sessions and workshops, corporate events, career fairs and award ceremonies.
- CCRM Fertility Establishes “Black Fertility Matters” Fund to Advocate and Promote Fertility Among Black Communities
Studies* show that Black women may be twice as likely to experience infertility as Caucasian women, and nearly half of Black women say their doctors don’t understand their cultural background when seeking infertility treatment. CCRM Fertility has created this multi-year commitment to extend its world-class expertise and care to the African American community and break down cultural and historical barriers to the health and fertility of African American mothers.
- PIGEON® Chocolate invites women to lift their spirits and celebrate Mother’s Day The brand is asking followers to post a picture of their beloved mom or mom figurine and share uplifting messages about how they have positively impacted their lives to celebrate Mother’s Day. Moms can enter the competition to win a feature on the DOVE Chocolate Instagram feed and a self-care day with DOVE Chocolate Promises and a day at the spa.
- Lilly’s venture capital portfolio is poised to grow $300 million with New $50 million Allocation
The portfolio aligns with Lilly’s efforts to combat racial injustice and its effects on African Americans and historically marginalized communities in the United States, and with Lilly 30×30, a global initiative to improve access to quality healthcare for 30 million people living in disadvantaged scarce resources per year by 2030
Read more about the latest culture-related PR Newswire news and stay up to date with the most important press releases by following them @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
Helping journalists stay on top of industry news
These are just some of the recent press releases consumers and the media should be aware of. Journalists can set up a custom newsfeed to be notified of publications relevant to their area PR Newswire for journalists.
Once registered, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free characteristics:
- Customization: Create a personalized newsfeed that delivers relevant news directly to your inbox. Customize your feed by keyword, industry, topic, geography, and more.
- Photos and videos: Thousands of media resources can be downloaded and included in your next story.
- Experts in a given topic: Access ProfNeta database of industry experts to link to as sources or citations in articles.
- Related resources: Read and subscribe to our blog for journalists and bloggers, Except bylinesfor media news, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for journalists
For over 65 years, PR Newswire has been an industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network for print, radio, magazines, TV stations, financial portals and industry publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach with over 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in over 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community of over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users include over 200 strokes and risers.
For questions, please contact the team at (email protected).
SOURCE PR Newswire